Twelve months. Twelve months I’ve spent with two teams, four projects, heaps of technology, friends, mentors, deadlines, crunch time, rewards, comradery and clients. The kid who shakily agreed to a tech consulting internship a year ago might not recognize me today; the chip buffed out of my shoulder, gaze steady, speech thoughtful and clear. I’ve been given direction and seen progress. I have my fantastic colleagues and managers to thank for this.
So, what exactly did I do this year?
- January -> July - QA, CMS Development for a Canadian hospital specializing in mental health in Toronto.
- July -> August - According to my journal, I only struggled with a preprocessor written in PHP? I was working to migrate an internal MNP system.
- September -> October - QA for an extension to the CMS for a Canadian bank.
- October -> November - Development to extend the CMS for a major Canadian airline.
- November - Had the pleasure of attending MNP’s Consulting Bootcamp in Toronto.
- November -> December - Airline CMS + Work on AEM prototype for client bid.
I sent my coworkers this note:
Hello MNP Kanata,
During the past twelve months, I have spoken attentively with each of you, and been rewarded with a heap of valuable lessons. Your guidance has enabled me to take a confident first step into this competitive and rewarding industry. I enter my next two years of University a far more resourceful, socially intelligent, competent kid.
I can’t thank you all enough for this.
Please keep in touch: